Thursday, June 25, 2009

1928 5 Pesos (BPI Note)

This note still came from Mr. Coolpit(friend collector) and I'm glad that finally, I've done editing this one to be posted at this time.

This 5 Peso is another variety of the Bank of the Philippines Islands wherein women are used in the design of the money. As I've discussed in previous post before, these notes are sometimes called as the "Buntis(Pregnant)" by some of the sellers of paper money in Manila.


The woman in the picture is depicted sitting and holding some sort of rice crop(although hardly seen due to the note's condition) in her left hand and some small flowers on the right.


The back seems to be quite faded, but it still good and details can still be seen somehow.


This note and other ones included in such types seems to show strong influence of U.S. during those times. Although local figures(Filipino heroes) are depicted in other issues and usually seen in 1 Peso and 2 Pesos, the majority and higher denomination bears U.S figures at most. Upon closer look of this note, details are beautiful to look at and it seems to be one of the good characteristics of older notes in the Philippines.

I hope you can appreciate this one as well and at least know something about Philippine's former currency. By the way, you can say your comment on what you think about this post, ask questions that I might able to help in answering and even suggest what you want to see, just in case I have it in my collection. Well that's all for now and thanks for having some time in visiting my blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment