Monday, May 25, 2009

1921 Five Peso Counterfeit

Another counterfeit item in my collection. Not only that this note looks different from the original, it also feels odd(having a waxy feel). This note was bought from a street seller during my early days as a collector. Believing that this item was genuine and rare(it is the first time that I've seen such an old paper money) during that time, I was assured by the seller that its appearance was due to age and that this a normal occurrence among paper money as they get older.


The note is darker than the original and looks like there is some sort of wax spreads in the note. See my other 1921 five peso post for reference.


Sad to say, I've bought additional notes considering how low each pieces cost. It turns out that they are all fakes. Recently I've exchanged similar note and other counterfeit notes to Mr. Coolpit(friend collector) as part of his old counterfeits collection. In exchange were lower denomination of Guerilla money from the Mountain Province which I will post soon, once I've finished editing the scan and texts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment